Healing from Narcissistic Abuse
If you have been on the receiving end of narcissistic abuse – perhaps having been raised by a narcissistic parent and/ or having been with a narcissistic partner – it will undoubtedly have impacted your life in a range of ways.
You may display some of the following symptoms:
People pleasing behaviours
If you’ve grown up with a narcissistic parent, you may well find yourself repeating these relationship patterns in your adult life and choosing romantic partners who are also narcissistic. Being on the receiving end of narcissistic abuse causes you to question everything, from whether any abuse actually took place to who you are. Narcissists violate your boundaries and silence your opinions. They manipulate you into meeting their needs and subject you to emotional abuse when you try to stand up for yourself or someone or something you believe in. They suck you dry and abandon you when you’re no longer of use to them.
I specialise in working with people who were raised in narcissistic families and have a narcissistic parent (or even two) and perhaps narcissistic siblings. Narcissists are renowned for using gaslighting techniques to make you question your own version of reality.
The good news is, you can begin to heal from narcissistic abuse – no matter how severe or long term it has been. One of the most important steps is awareness and accepting that you have been subjected to abuse, even if it was cloaked in a respectable veneer and even if your parent or partner was loving at times. You can then move onto looking at the ways in which you repeat some of the patterns you learned as a child, such as being unable to safely express yourself or establish an autonomous identity. You can then begin to allow the healing to happen, revisiting aspects of your childhood and ensuring that your wounded inner child is taken care of. Throughout this process, you can explore how your current thoughts and behaviours keep you trapped with narcissists and how you can take control of your life.
If you would like help in dealing with the impact of narcissistic abuse so that you can not only work through issues from your past which have affected you but so that you can begin to move forwards in your life, please get in touch.
Healing from Narcissistic Abuse Life Coaching Programme
- Coaching intake form to be completed before our initial consultation.
- 1 hour-long initial consultation to explore your experiences of narcissistic abuse and what you desire from our coaching relationship.
- 2 one hour long life coaching sessions.
- 4 weekly homework assignments.
- Coaching Session Prep Form for you to fill out in between each session so that we can best utilize our session time.
- Final Coaching Conversation – one hour long.
- One month coaching programme.
- Summary – this coaching package includes 4 sessions, weekly homework and prep designed to help you explore how you move forwards having experienced narcissistic abuse.
- Suitable for women who have experienced narcissistic abuse, whether from family members or romantic partners.
£600 GBP. Please contact Dr. Jack to arrange an appointment.